The Anything and Everything Monthly Newsletter
Summer is coming to a close but somehow it feels like it just started. I go back to college at the end of August and have been praying to everything holy that I will actually have fun at school this year and it will be more like Animal House. Lots of fun classes coming my way which means there will be lots of fun projects I will be posting right here on my blog so once the semester starts be prepared for pieces of scrips and digital media projects — something a little out of my comfort zone but it will be a journey I am excited to share with all of you okay looking people out there.
What I listened to over the last month that you should be listening to
- Something New demo, Owen Caliri
- Back to the Drawing Board, The Rubinoos, record
- Are you Ready for the Sex Girls, Gleaming Spires
- The Fast Times at Ridgemont High original soundtrack
- I Get a Kick Out of You, Sutton Foster
- Father of All, Green Day, record
- Pollyann, Green Day
- Morbid Stuff, PUP, record
- My Chinchilla, Cub
- Alphabetland, X, record
What I listened to over the last month that you SHOULDN’T be listening to
- Young and Menace, Fall Out Boy, record
This record dropped back in 2019 — it was trash then and it is trash now. I have always been a normal Fall Out Boy fan; I was never obsessed with them not even during my weird middle school years but I have always enjoyed their music. I don’t really have any of their songs on my personal playlist but I think lead singer, Patrick Stump, has a really cool voice and I like to listen to their old stuff once in awhile. Well, as I prepare for the Hella Mega Tour, I have been listening to Green Day, Fall Out Boy and Weezer on a loop and with it being their newest record, I have a feeling that Fall Out Boy will be playing a good amount of songs from this album so I tried to learn the songs and it is damn near impossible — out of all 10 songs, there are only like two good/okay ones and it might be one of the worst records ever. They obviously tried to switch up that original Fall Out Boy sound because every single song has its own vibe and original sound WHICH IS FINE but they just all happen to sound like a garbage truck running over a cat. It is just all over the place and honestly the easiest and nicest way to review it is to just say it is a piece of trash! I also have a big problem with all the stupid song titles — we know Fall Out Boy has never been known for their suave song titles but this is a new low for them honestly!
What I watched over the last month that you should watch
- Better off Dead…twice
- Revenge of the Nerds (honestly one of my new favorite movies)
- A Quiet Place
- What’s Love Got to do With it?
- Reservoir Dogs
- From Dusk Till Dawn (this link is for the review I wrote the first time I saw this movie, so it is OLD)
- The Fear Street Trilogy
- American History X
- Sad announcement first. At the end of July, we had to put down our beautiful gentle giant, Ruby. She was 14 years old and it was her time. We all miss her very much but we are happy that she is not in anymore pain and that she is able to run around with her best buddy Mimi who we lost back in February.
- Mel Brooks has written a book! All About Me is all about the highs and lows of the 95 year old’s life and career. Brooks is to thank for some of the best comedy films ever such as Young Frankenstein and Blazing Saddles. All About Me is set to drop on November 30 2021 but can be pre-ordered from your local bookstore right now!
- Weezer obviously has not had their plates full enough this last year because in 2022, they are set to drop FOUR albums that will each be representing a different season: spring, summer, fall and winter. Rivers Cuomo stated on his interview with Good Morning America that, “Each album comes out on the first day of the season. Spring is kind of like happy chill. And then we move through to dance rock, like a Strokes-style album for the fall, and then sad acoustic, Elliott Smith-style for winter (Loudwire).” I am very curious to hear these four albums next year because I feel like the idea is there but in the nicest way possible because I do love Weezer…I feel like they might bomb this. But who knows! I thought Van Weezer ended up being an amazing record but then they also released OK Human this year and that was unlistenable. I guess we will have to wait and see but personally I do think that this COULD be a cool project that Weezer is taking on.
- Trey Parker and Matt Stone are at it again. At the beginning of the month, they were in the news for their interest in buying beloved Colorado restaurant, Casa Bonita. They wanted to buy the restaurant simply because they didn’t want to see one of their favorite childhood restaurants go down the tubes. After getting fans (like me) all excited, Casa Bonita came out and stated that the restaurant is not up for sale at this moment. The company said maybe one day they would put it up for sale but not at this moment in time — the promised Parker and Stone that they would be the first ones getting a phone call when that time comes along. But their interest in Casa Bonita is not the only thing that has gotten the South Park boys in the headlines this month. About a week ago, it was released the Parker and Stone signed a contract that not only renewed South Park for another six season but to create THIRTEEN South Park movies for the streaming site Paramount+ — two of those movies are set to be released before the end of 2021. Lots of fans don’t find the humor in this but I am very excited! Parker and Stone have defiantly written some stupid South Park related material but for the most part it is pretty good — this gives me hope that these movies will not be as bad as others in the fan base are anticipating. Parker has also said in multiple interviews that he doesn’t like to release work that he is not proud of so I think that these are going to be thoroughly thought-out movies and seasons. I don’t care what anyone else says but I am super excited to see what these two have up their sleeves for the next few years to come. Here is a link an article that goes a little more into detail.
Monthly movie quote
Every month I will give out a movie quote to see if YOU guys are up to date on your movies! Answers will come out in the next newsletter!
Answer from last week: The Incredibles