The Anything and Everything Monthly Newsletter
It is super sad to think that the last thing I posted was the April Newsletter — this month have just been crazy. I have been finishing up my first year of college, I have been job hunting and I have been dog sitting so writing was just not in the cards for the month of April. BUT this is officially my last week of spring classes then summer starts which means (hopefully) more time to write and a more active blog. Thank you for baring with me and this summer is gonna be a total blast for Anything and Everything!
What I listened to over the last month that you should be listening to
- Songs from the Broadway musical, Wicked
- Drunk (And I Don’t Wanna go Home), Elle King and Miranda Lambert
- Lady Cab Driver, Prince
- Shake the Spirit, Elle King, record
- It’s a Shame About Ray, The Lemonheads, record
- I Need Some of That, Weezer
- Pop Food, Jack Stauber, record
- Summer, Modest Mouse
- Dear Wormwood, The Oh Hellos, record
- Korn Self Titled, record
- Songs from the Broadway musical, Anything Goes
- Songs from the Broadway musical, Oklahoma!
- Pushin’ Against a Stone, Valerie June, record
- Jagged Little Pill, Alanis Morrissette, record
What I watched over the last month that you should be watching
- Best in Show
- So I Married an Axe Murderer
- Thunder Force
- Tropic Thunder
- American Wedding
- American Reunion
- The Disaster Artist
- Bad Trip
- Pooch Perfect
What I watched over the last month that you SHOULD NOT watch
- Grand Isle mini review
The story was kinda there but then it just missed the mark! Nick Cage did a great job, as always, but ya there are so many other things that could have happened to create a GREAT movie but all the cool parts of the plot were just casted aside and were never brought back — they basically just kept the stupid plot points and let the kickass ones fizzle away. What a shame really because “Grand Isle” could have been something really good I think…but it sucked!
- Weezer has finally…FINALLY dropped a date to release “Van Weezer.” After the release of horrible surprise album, “OK Human” and just a bunch of other stupid shit Weezer did, the awaited “Van Weezer” will be released this Friday, May 7. On April 21, Weezer dropped another single from “Van Weezer” called, “I Need Some of That” and it slaps so so so hard. Having dropped three super kickass singles, I have a lot of hope for “Van Weezer” and just pray it will be everything Weezer fans want/need it to be. Keep your eyes peeled for a review because I am hyped to write a review about it whether it is good or bad.
- The new “Saw” franchise is launching next week on May 14 with the first movie, “Spiral.” In interviews, the director of the movie, Darren Lynn Bousman, has stated that fans are not even ready for this new “Saw” franchise. Hardcore “Saw” fans, such as my mom, grandpa and I, are super duper excited for “Spiral” to hit theaters — I really hope that these new movies from the book of “Saw” will be something great and not just an add on of three shit movies to an overall great horror universe.
- I am a part of my college’s student run paper, The Bark, and I will link it below here but make sure to go sign up for their newsletters. We won’t be doing them over the summer but next fall/spring semesters you will receive a weekly newsletter that just highlights important stories we have published and important events that are going on either at UMD or in Duluth. https://www.thebarkumd.com/
Monthly movie quote
Every month I will give out a movie quote to see if YOU guys are up to date on your movies! Answers will come out in the next newsletter!
Answer from last month: Dr. Stranglove and How I learned to Love the Bomb